The fishhook is a significant symbol of focus. In Huna, it is often used to symbolise the third principle Makia, of which one of the meanings is energy flows where attention goes. The Hawaiian saying, he makau hala ‘ole translates as ‘a fish hook that never fails to catch’ and is said about someone who never fails to get what they want, which highlights the power of focus and intent.
Jim Fallon has developed a meditation technique which draws on the fishhook symbology and the archetype of Maui and he has outlined the background and the technique in the following article. I recently used the technique and found it to be very effective. Enjoy Jim’s article and why not try out the technique.
How would you like to learn how to use the magical fish hook of Maui?
The Hawaiian fishhook pendant has significant meaning to Hawaiians, denoting the positive aspects of life. Hawaiian Life says that wearing the fishhook pendant is thought to bring about good luck and prosperity as well as strength. Maui, the Hawaiian demigod also used the fishhook to remove debt, disease, and negativity. It is one of the greatest psychic weapons.
Mythological objects like Maui's fishhook encompass a variety of items (e.g. weapons, armour, clothing) found in mythology, legend, folklore, tall tale, religion, and spirituality from across the world. Mythology has been rife with mysterious objects of power that imbue the user with unique abilities.
The fishhook is a sizable bone-like weapon created by the gods of Polynesian lore. It was given to Maui after the gods adopted the former and turned him into a demigod with supernatural power. It had since been used throughout his exploits and has considerable magical abilities.
According to Maui, he used the fishhook to slow down the sun itself, pull islands out of the sea, and battle colossal monsters. Aside from being a weapon, Maui also uses the fishhook in his dances and performances, swinging it around himself as he does so. The hook is notable in that it grants Maui the ability to shapeshift. Because of the tremendous amount of heat and light generated by the fishhook, Maui's enemies cannot stand fishhook.
The Fishhook Meditation Technique
1. As you use the Maui fishhook meditation, think about something you want fix, for example, an aspect of finances, relationships or a health situation. Whatever you want to diffuse just think about it as you use the meditation. In the meditation you will visualize the fishhook in your body, the sharp point of the hook will be imagined at your forehead centre, and the stem is your backbone, spinal column.
2. Close your eyes. Perform piko piko from crown to ground.(Note: if you have a Maui fishhook, hold it in your right hand as you perform this meditation to empower it. This is optional).
3. Now visualize Maui holding his fishhook. This fishhook is luminous like a thousand suns. See the fishhook of Maui shining brightly in his hands, shining with the power of a thousand Suns.
4. Now see this fishhook entering you, the shaft of the fishhook is in your spinal column and the head, the curved part of the fishhook, crosses over the top of your head, and the point of the fishhook is in your forehead area, the third eye.
5. So visualize the fishhook within your body, the shaft of the fishhook moving up your spinal column, the sharp part of the hook in your third eye.
6. Now, let the point of the fishhook become a bright flame illuminating the third eye.
7. Hold on to this image of the fishhook within your body, the shaft in your spinal column, the point of the fishhook as a brilliant flame in your third eye. This fishhook has the full power to remove all obstacles, and bestow upon you divine or higher intelligence.
8. Now, mentally make the statement "I will never forget the fishhook burning brightly in my third eye, as a bright flame and light removing my bad obstacles".
9. Now, visualize the situation, and see the light and heat from the fishhook dissolving it. As you do this, hold on to the image of the fishhook, the shaft rising within your spine, the point of the fishhook as a brilliant flame in your third eye, visualize the mental image of the situation or obstacle, see the light and heat dissolving it, as you do this, mentally chant the name "Maui". The name of Maui empowers the fishhook, even more, to cut out and eradicate the "bad" or inharmonious situations in your life.
10. When finished, perform piko piko again, relax, and enjoy your life!
Join the Huna Adventurer's Mailing List for Blog Updates and News or Join me on Twitter and Facebook.